Date and Venue
• 12th and 13th of June
• Charles University, Street Celetná 20, Prague 1, (Green auditorium, room nº 141) Google maps
Number of places: 40
The terms ‘ombud/ombudsman/ombudsperson’ are unfamiliar ones to many people. ENOHE members are drawn from across Europe and further afield, and may be working at national, regional, institutional, or departmental level in their roles, with a variety of job titles which might or might not include the ‘ombudsperson’ word.
This two-day in-person training activity will allow participants to explore where they fit in the ombudsperson ‘landscape’; what skills and knowledge they bring to the role; and what policies and procedures they already have or need to develop. Having looked at the broad context the firsthalf-day, the rest of the time will focus on the techniques and skills our colleagues agreed, through an inquiry previously done, to be most relevant for the development of our tasks: conflict resolution, complaint handling, and mediation/facilitation.
• Participants will gain skills on complaint handling, conflict resolution and mediation/facilitation;
• Participants will have a broader picture of Ombudsperson work in Europe;
• Participants will be more confident to develop their roles;
• Participants will improve their network connections;
• Participants will have resources to take back to their own organization and national networks.
Introduction: European Landscape of Ombudsperson work; Challenges and opportunities of different Ombudsperson work structures.
Complaint Handling: How should the general complaint management system look; Creating a general process for handling concerns.
Mediation: Developing mediation skills; Mediating and/or facilitating focused on the needs, rights, and interests of the parties.
Conflict Resolution: Learning the principles of Productive Dialogue; Creating an environment that leads towards a shared solution.
• People who want to become ombudspersons
• Members of Ombudspersons Networks
Certificate of Attendance: In the end of the TAP every participant will receive a certificate provided by ENOHE.
Pre-assessment and Post-assessment: Every participant will receive an e-mail with a link to fill out a short evaluation before and after the TAP.
Contact Person: Jorge A. Ribeiro Pereira (TAP Coordinator) |